A model is an individual who poses for photoshoots and walks in fashion shows to promote brand designs. Their images appear in magazines, in stores and on TV depending on the niche and intention of the shoot. Runway shows can range from international fashion weeks to shopping centre events, which both deserve a professional attitude.
Modelling is not as easy and glamorous as first appears demanding a lot of hard work, dedication and commitment. Successful models are a result of a hopeful’s determination and passion for the fashion industry. It is a very competitive environment to be a part of with only the most persistent succeeding.
How to Get into Modelling?
If you’ve ever wondered how to start, you’ve come to the right place. It is not an easy process yet armed with determination and talent you will have the best shot possible. Find our 10 top tips to succeed in the industry.
- Decide on the type of model you want to become.
- Research reputable agencies that specialise in your niche and have a strong reputation in their field.
- Apply to agencies. Either fill out their form online or attend an open call.
- Practice your poses and walk to a high standard.
- Build a professional portfolio that showcases your talent.
- Create a strong social media presence.
- Take care of your complexion and physique by eating a nutritious diet and exercising regularly.
- Be persistent. Rejection is a big part of the industry. If you don’t hear back or are turned away do not give up.
- Attend as many castings as possible.
- Act with caution to ensure your safety.